Your ToniMay jewels were lovingly handmade for you and will love you for years to come if you take appropriate care of them. Some pieces require more care than others so it is important that you follow the care instructions on this page.
To care for you ToniMay jewels please store them in a safe and secure place (not in your wallet!) to avoid dust, moisture and direct light that can cause tarnishing and damage. The box that your jewels were delivered in is a perfect home for them, provided they are not stored with other pieces that could put them under pressure.
We recommend you invest in a good quality polishing cloth to keep your jewellery clean and sparkling. Silver and Brass will naturally tarnish and oxidise as the metals react to heat, body oils and other chemicals during wear but a regular polish with a polishing cloth will help restore the shine. Please note that tarnishing is not considered a fault of the product, just a sign it needs a good clean.
Please don’t wear your ToniMay while swimming, showering, washing your hands or while doing household chores. Contact with sunscreens, creams, hairsprays, perfume, salt/chlorinated water, soaps and chemicals can cause damage to the stones and metals we use in our pieces.
Please remove your ToniMay jewels before sleeping, working out at the gym or carrying heavy items. Silver is a soft metal and can bend, warp and break under force. Necklaces can kink, stretch and snap during sleep or if tugged on and rings, cuffs and earrings can bend, snap and warp under pressure.
Please avoid dropping your jewels or allowing them to come into contact with hard abrasive surfaces. Gemstones and silver can scratch, chip and crack if they are dropped or come into contact with rough surfaces like concrete.
We do offer a 3-month warranty on all our products however we do not cover damage due to wear and tear over time or negligence against our recommended care instructions on this page.
SPECIAL CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Pieces that feature brass will develop a natural petina through everyday wear. This is a natural tarnishing and is not considered a fault. We recommend polishing with a brass polish to restore the shine.
- Please keep opals and stone set jewellery away from water. Water may affect the stone settings and can impact the integrity of the stones.
- Gold plated pieces are best suited to occasional wear as the plating will wear to expose the silver underneath if worn on a daily basis. Exposure to water and polishing will also cause gold plating to wear more quickly. Please clean gold-plated pieces with a soft cloth only.
- When wearing huggies please do not force the hoop open from the front of the ear, this will damage the post and hinge. The earrings release from the back and we recommend you use your nail to push lightly down at the point where the post connects to the back of the hoop to take off.
- Please avoid stretching open cuffs to take them on and off. Cuffs should be slid on and off the wrist from the thinnest part of the side of the wrist. Stretching cuffs open and closed can cause a weakness in the band and cause cuffs to crack.
BESPOKE AND FINERY
- We recommend all finery pieces are serviced and checked by a jeweller every 12 months to ensure settings are secure.
- White gold rings will need to be rhodium plated on an annual basis to retain their shine.
- Grey Diamonds unlike traditional white diamonds often have pits, cavities and surface reaching inclusions. These inclusions are what gives the grey diamonds their natural beauty and colour and are not considered faults.
- Although strong diamonds are not indestructible, please take care of your finery pieces as just like semi-precious stones they can chip or crack if not treated with the utmost care.
- Grey Diamonds are also not classified or graded like traditional white diamonds and as such do not come with GIA certificates or authentication
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Please choose carefully. All sales are final and goods are sold non-refundable with the exception of when manufacturing fault occurs on receipt of the piece.
We do not offer the option to return or exchange for change of mind. Please refer to our Exchange and Returns page for more detail.
MARK DOWNS AND DISCOUNTS
End of Season Sales or Flash Sales promoted on the ToniMay website, ToniMay EDMs or ToniMay Instagram/Facebook are only redeemable online at www.tonimay.com.au or the ToniMay Paddington Flagship store. Due to the high volume of demand during sale periods ToniMay cannot guarantee the availability of stock during the offer period. The offer does not apply to pre-orders, out of stock items or custom orders.
All sale offers are subject to our General Terms and Conditions, Delivery, Returns and Privacy Policies which are available online at www.tonimay.com.au. During sale periods the offer is not available in conjunction with any other offer or code and is subject to change. ToniMay reserve the right to shorten, extend or cancel the promotion or discount code at any time. The offer/sale also can not be backdated for orders placed prior to the sale commencement and is not extendable past the sale end date.